Artificial grass is a great alternative to natural grass, especially for backyards of your home.
Apart from the fact that fake lawns like those in Melbourne require little to no maintenance, there are other important things you need to know before buying artificial grass.
TYPES OF ARTIFICIAL GRASS
Artificial grass has changed dramatically over the years thanks to modern technology. It used to look fake and now looks natural. There are three types of artificial grasses.
- Nylon Artificial Grass– is the best, most durable, and most expensive.
- Polyethylene Artificial Grass – has a realistic texture and look, along with the perfect softness to be used in play areas and other zones.
- Polypropylene Artificial Grass – the cheapest and most durable of all the options, and it is best for small areas.
PROS AND CONS
Artificial grass can have both positive and negative aspects, just as many other things.
- It is almost maintenance-free. It doesn’t need any fertilizing, mowing or aerating.
- It is considered to be evergreen because it is green throughout the year. Artificial grass can be customized in color.
- It looks real because it closely resembles grass with yellow-colored leaves, which mimic thatch.
- If it is properly maintained, artificial grass can last for up to 20 years.
- Artificial grass doesn’t need to be watered so it can help you save money.
- Artificial grass can quickly heat up in the sun, and can get unbearably hot.
- Artificial grass can be just as hard as real grass, but it is not as soft. Children can’t land on artificial grass safely while they play.
- Artificial grass can also be a source of environmental damage because it is hard to recycle, even though it uses very little water.
Artificial grass like those in Melbourne, which is in trend these days is an excellent choice for your home, especially when you need something that is both easy to maintain and long-lasting.
If you want to know more about the artificial grasses, you can refer this infographic from Easy Turf.